FrontPage lets you create archives of SharePoint sites for backup and restore purposes. To do so, perform the following steps:
1. Use Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) to open the SharePoint site.
2. From the File menu, select “Edit with Microsoft Office FrontPage.”
3. In FrontPage, select Tools, Server, Backup.
4. Check the “Include subsites in archive” option and click OK.
5. Select a folder and filename for the Web site archive file (.fwp) and click Save.
6. After the backup is complete, click OK to the “Backup completed” dialog box.
To restore a site, perform the following steps:
1. Create a new site (to which the archive will be restored). When the wizard asks you to select a template, close IE so that no template is applied.
2. In FrontPage, open the site that you just created (Click File, Open Site, and enter the URL of the site you just created).
3. In FrontPage, select Server, Restore Web Site, from the Tools menu.
4. Select the name of the archive file and click Open.
5. Click OK to restore the Web site.